Ombersley Endowed First School was built with money endowed upon it by the Lloyds Foundation in 1876.
The Foundation is a charitable trust that provided funding for the actual school building. The house attached to the school used to be the original Head Teacher’s house.
Large portions of the village form part of the Sandys family estate. At the time of the First World War, the estate was owned by Michael Edwin Sandys Sandys, the 5th Baron Sandys. The family lived at Ombersley Court.
To read about our Great Blackberry Pick activity, click here
Click here for the school website.